documenting techniques: Re: [uf-discuss] Logging information

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 19:28:00 PST 2007

On 3/15/07, Rob Crowther <robertc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/03/07, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
> > There is currently no microformat for that specifically, but it looks
> > like what you're logging is an event, so you can probably publish it
> > with hCalendar:
> >
> I was thinking it was more like hAtom:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom
>
> Since that has all the elements of hCalendar plus it has a category
> and also author which might conceivably be the server name.  Plus
> hAtom seems more like the concept of an event log - ie. there's an
> implicit association between the events.
>
> Rob

This is great advice from both Rob and Scott.  I think documenting
techniques should be a successful goal for the microformats community
(because it helps to document the need, or lack thereof, for new
formats).  I couldn't find a great spot on the wiki, so I satisficed
on -advocacy#hatom: <http://microformats.org/wiki/advocacy#hAtom>.

Thanks,
Ben West