[uf-discuss] OT: Free Andy Mabbet!

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Mon Mar 19 06:53:56 PST 2007

Hi all,

With only two weeks left in Lent, I still haven't done enough
penance, so I figure I need to up the ante. :-)

I didn't see any response to my governance proposal <http://urlx.org/
microformats.org/56ce1>, so let me make a more specific request.  I
for one fully supported the decision by the list administrators to
place Andy under moderation, given his behavior at the time. However,
Andy has since done a heroic job of making many useful contributions
despite the painful constraints he's been forced to live under; and,
as far as I know, he's avoiding commenting in an off-topic manner.

Therefore, I believe that the administrators ought to either:

a) remove his moderation constraint

or

b) publicly state why they are not removing it

I am all for strong leadership, but I also believe it must be
publicly accountable to avoid degenerating into tyranny.

Does anyone else agree?

Respectfully yours,
-- Ernie Prabhakar

P.S.  Again, I apologize if this is off-topic for this list, but I
couldn't find any better place to air my concerns, which is why I
think we need a dedicated list for such matters

http://microformats.org/wiki/governance-issues

If anyone can suggest a better mechanism, please let me know.