[uf-discuss] Geo extensions (Was: hCard for non-contact-able locations)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Mar 23 02:35:20 PST 2007

In message <003301c76cdc$5d7ff3e0$0201a8c0 at andrieuhome>, Joe Andrieu
<joe at andrieu.net> writes

>If hCard 1.0 is locked, ok. I actually think that's totally
>appropriate. Then, what's the process for hCard 1.1 or 2.0?
>
>Or more pertinant to recent conversations what is the process for Geo
>2.0?  Although hCard 1.0 locks Geo, it seems reasonable for a Geo 2.0
>to be considered.

Note that there are currently two, separate, but not mutually exclusive,
proposals to extend Geo:

    For non-Earth bodies:

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-extension-strawman>

    To add elevation (altitude):

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-elevation-examples>

There has also been discussion of sequencing, for the publishing of
trials/ directions or boundaries as a series of points defined by Geo.

I'll attempt to capture the latter on the 'wiki', later, as:

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-waypoint-examples>

--
Andy Mabbett
                 <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>