[uf-discuss] Mark-up for vCard in table rows

Jason Garber jason at sixtwothree.org
Sun Mar 25 14:01:47 PST 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> In message <4606D1EF.9040604 at sixtwothree.org>, Jason Garber
> <jason at sixtwothree.org> writes
>
>> You "should" be able to put class="adr" in multiple times and still
>> get a complete and/or valid address.
>
> Thank you. Is that documented anywhere? I would understand multiple
> "adr" to refer to *different* addresses ("my house in the city and my
> apartment at the beach").
The hCard cheetsheat[1] notes that "adr" should "match 0 or more times"
but to your point, this is probably to handle multiple addresses, not
split-up single addresses.
>> I did a real brief test using multiple spans with classes of "adr"
>> and Operator didn't blow up and Tails still recognizes a complete
>> address.
>>
>> In Operator, though, it does list out multiple objects under the
>> "object adr".
>
> If your interpretation of multiple "adr" being concatenated to one
> address is correct, than that is "blowing up".
On further reflection, I'm not sure my suggestion will work since
multiple "adr" blocks would logically indicate multiple addresses.
Unless anyone knows of a concatenation method, of course.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-cheatsheet

Jason
jason at sixtwothree.org