[uf-discuss] Real vs. stage names

Paul Wilkins paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 25 22:18:06 PST 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Tantek Çelik writes
>> Andy Mabbett wrote:
>>> How would folks mark up an hCard for the singer Alvin Stardust, born
>>> Bernard William Jewry, also known under the stage name Shane Fenton?
>> What's his passport look like?
> Oddly enough, he's never sent it to me.

>> That would answer the given-name, family-name questions, and perhaps
>> even the additional-name and nickname questions.
> And otherwise?

And otherwise, like this.

Start with what you know.

stage name Shane Fenton.</p>

Markup what you can, like the persons name
   also known under the stage name Shane Fenton.</p>

Then you move on to nicknames

The cheatsheet on the wiki at
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-cheatsheet says nicknames can match 0
or more times, and just to make sure, RFC2426 which defined the vCard
spec says about Nicknames:
Type value: One or more text values separated by a COMMA character

So if multiple nicknames are listed, they'll end up being comma separated.

   also known under the stage name

And finally you can sprinkle other things, like his role and stagename

   also known under the

--
Paul Wilkins