[uf-discuss] human readable date parsing

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Fri May 4 01:29:54 PDT 2007

And yet, to not do so means breaking another restriction. It's about
give and take. Is it better to make it easier for publishers, and
harder for parsers, or is it better to store the same date twice, and
let one go out of sync?

Another solution is to just store ISO dates free and clear, and offer
a javascript library to parse it into a variety of common/
international date formats. My basic point is, that it is impossible
to satisfy all the restrictions with one format. Perhaps it is better
to have several ways to mark it up, depending on the situation. Which
restriction is it important to NOT break for a particular situation?