[uf-discuss] Regarding POSH and misuse of the microformats logo

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 23:58:18 PDT 2007

> If you really have to make up a new name... then how about... SHTML.
> (Short for "Semantic HTML".)

.shtml files exist.

We don't need a new name for semantically valuable HTML, we need good
tutorials explaining them. The only good HTML resource I can name when
people ask me is Patrick's HTML Dog.

Microformats are built upon standards that are already in use. With my
cynic hat on I could say this rules out POSH or any other name we come
up with for clean, semantically meaningful markup.