[uf-discuss] limited hAtom consumption

Ben Wiley Sittler bsittler at gmail.com
Sat May 19 09:36:27 PDT 2007

if you're asking about whether that's valid hatom, refer to the wiki.
i could be wrong, but my interpretation of the spec is that either the
entry's update timestamp or the entry's published timestamp must be
present, and that must be contained inside an element with
class="hentry". every other part of the entry may be omitted; some
have default values, others are only meaningful if present.

if you're asking what clients permit, that an entirely different
story. rss panel x, for instance, ignores timestamps entirely and so
would parse your example just fine. that doesn't make it hatom,
though.