[uf-discuss] Announcement: WebCamp workshop on Social Network Portability

John Breslin john.breslin at deri.org
Tue Nov 27 04:43:17 PST 2007

I am happy to announce the "Social Network Portability" workshop
(co-located with BlogTalk) to be held in Cork, Ireland on the 2nd March
2008. You can view the wiki page for this event at
http://webcamp.org/SocialNetworkPortability

"Social network portability" is a term that has been used to describe
the ability to reuse one's own profile and contacts across various
social networking sites and social media applications. At this workshop,
we will combine presentations with breakout sessions to discuss all
aspects of portability for social networking sites (including accounts,
friends, activities / content, and applications).

I would like to invite members of the Microformats community to submit
ideas for presentation on the wiki page.

Topics of relevance include, but are not limited to, social network
centralisation versus decentralisation, OpenSocial, microformats
including XHTML Friends Network (XFN) and hCard, authentication and
authorisation, OpenID single sign-on, Bloom filters, categorising
friends and personas, FOAF, ownership of your published content, SIOC,
the OpenFriend format, the Social Network Aggregation Protocol (SNAP),
aggregation and privacy, permissions and context, the Extensible
Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), the social graph and the giant
global graph.

You can register for this workshop in conjunction with BlogTalk 2008 at
http://www.amiando.com/blogtalk2008 (there is a nominal fee of €50 to
cover food and room costs). If you are interested in speaking or
otherwise participating in the workshop, please add your name under the
Speakers or Participants headings on the wiki page at
http://webcamp.org/SocialNetworkPortability

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions about the event.

Thanks,

John.
--
http://www.johnbreslin.com/