[uf-discuss] Wiki order?

ryan ryan at theryanking.com
Tue Nov 27 12:04:34 PST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Klaus Mueller wrote:
> So I have a few questions about the wiki, which I didn't found in the
> wiki or the mailing archive. I would expand the how-to-play article.
>
> * You don't use Mediawiki Categories. Why? I dont't want to chance
> this
> rule, I only want to explain it

No particular reason. The best explanation may be that no one's
volunteered to do it yet.

> * Is it OK to use more templates?
> ** one for different language versions of an Article, like the
> interwiki
> concept
> ** "buttons" or boxes for the status of the site (standard, draft,
> discuss)

Once again, volunteers welcome. :)

> * can we use interwiki links to Wikipedia ( eg [[wp:Baltimore]])

I'm not sure how this syntax is better than a plain link.

> * should we use more the project-namespace? Some sides like how-to-
> play
> could be there?

In general I don't think namespaces buy us anything (on the wiki, or
elsewhere), so I don't think it's a good idea.

-ryan