[uf-discuss] OBJECT include pattern and excess HTTP requests

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Tue Oct 9 18:59:04 PDT 2007

> My feeling is that the Wiki content on the include pattern needs a
> tidy anyway, but if this issue with firing unwanted requests is
> unfixable, I think we should restructure to promote the hyperlink-
> include as the first-choice solution.

I would agree with that... even here such extra unecessary requests could be
a problem at the server end. (as the load is constantly pretty high)

> PS It's then just a small step to allow off-page includes, which is
> related to the interlinked hCards on different sites that I was
> talking about recently on this list.  If anyone can come up with more
> real-world use-cases for this type of cross-site uF linkage, I'd be
> most grateful.  Looking further ahead (wrong list for that, I know)
> I'd see good mashup opportunities from allowing more uF
> interlinkage...    =0)

interesting ... but the extra complexity that would add to parsers
(requiring them to do the extra requests) would be a problem.. also what
about pages being looked at offline?

I think too much stuff would break!