[uf-discuss] OpenID delegation and XFN

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:48:00 PDT 2007

Will Norris made a great suggesting for making OpenID delegation links
compatible with XFN rel-me links. I actually think that it's okay to
use <link />'s in the header of a document to point to other social
networks and so on... I understand that this is not kosher with
marking up visible data, but if it's going to be there anyway (and
it's part of the OpenID spec) we might as well markup the links in the
microformats format:

<link rel="openid.server" href="http://www.myopenid.com/server" />
<link rel="openid.delegate me" href="http://will.norris.name/" /

Thoughts on this? I know that I'll get push back, but logically why not this?

<link rel="me" href="http://flickr.com/photos/factoryjoe" />
<link rel="me" href="http://ma.gnolia.com/people/factoryjoe" />

Chris

--