[uf-discuss] IMDb contact wanted (for advocacy)

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Sun Sep 2 19:12:21 PDT 2007

Andy Mabbett (31 août 2007 - 23:18) :
> I'd like to do some advocacy work with the Internet Movie Database,
> but
> they don't advertise any useful contacts on their website. Does anyone
> have one?

I'm not sure the initial owners are still working on it from Amazon.

     The first web version of the database went live
     on the servers at Cardiff University in Wales.
     There is a fun bit of e-mail dating back to those
     days between web interface author, Rob Hartill,
     and Col Needham, both impressed when the web
     interface got 100 accesses in a single day. Prior
     to the latest redesign, the IMDb website has been
     serving an average of 65 million accesses from
     over 3.5 million visitors every month. With the
     improvements and new features added in the
     redesign, this could well go higher.

     -- IMDb History
     http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?history
     Mon, 03 Sep 2007 02:06:06 GMT

Then on wikipedia

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Hartill
     "He's currently a volunteer fire-fighter
     with the Country Fire Service and a hobby
     farmer."

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Col_Needham
     "currently is the managing director
     of the Internet Movie Database."

The access to the full database is available on IMDB Web site, and
usable only with a very limited license.
http://www.imdb.com/interfaces

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***