[uf-discuss] Microformats and Firefox 3

Jason Karns karns.17 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:59:17 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, André Luís <andr3.pt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> - when the user hovers on the margin-mark, the user-agent should
> 'target' to the (root?) element (like what's done with the #anchor in
> urls) and that would allow the publishers to specify the
> looks/highlight accordingly. Like:
>
> .vcard:target {
> border:1px solid red;
> }
>
> or even
> .vcard:target .actions{
> visibility: visible;
> }
>
> (without constraining the publisher to a specific class name or element)

I agree with many of the previous sentiments.  Dimitri's mockups are
an excellent idea and I also think it would be great to style the uf
targets via CSS :target as suggested by André.  I would just like to
suggest we keep in mind the way Tails Export displays the available
microformats on a page.  As opposed to Operator (which is an
invaluable tool) which uses perhaps too much menu nesting, I feel the
sidebar is the perfect place to organize this type of content.
Coupled with Dimitri's margin-marks, we could have a winner.

Jason