[uf-discuss] Microformats and Firefox 3

André Luís andr3.pt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:00:59 PDT 2007

Dimitri,

That was exactly why I suggested :target instead of :focus. I think
ufs shouldn't _require_ links or other focus-eable elements. And I'm
with you with the worries on pushing the meaning of the spec... is
there a more meaningful alternative I don't know about?

And I'm with Tony (and others) on the protocol approach. My concern
is: how do we keep the actions "standard"? The user-agent must be able
to recognize it so we can't have some of us publishing "export.hcard"
and others "save.hcard". An API would be nice.

Also, don't forget about languages. If it's up to the user agent to
insert action buttons it's imperative that all languages are
supported. It would be so not-cool to have a page in mandarin sporting
action-buttons in english, don't you think?

Cheers,
André Luís