[uf-discuss] Microformats and Firefox 3

Farndon, Tony tony.farndon at forestry.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Sep 5 07:23:38 PDT 2007

> And I'm with Tony (and others) on the protocol approach.

I should, however, add that I do have one concern about the protocol
approach; it does not degrade gracefully. Users of FF2, or IE7 or Safari
etc will just get a big old unknown protocol error.

This is easily countered by the designer checking for the navigator with
js or using <!--[if IE]> and hiding the protocol actions element, but
this of course requires extra work on their part.

T.

+++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free