[uf-discuss] Third option?: Need for plain-language intros for each microformat

Ernest Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 08:25:47 PDT 2007

Hi all,

On Sep 7, 2007, at 7:00 AM, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>>> or 2) leave the specs  where they are and create new -intro pages.
>>> I've seen [...] no one object to #2.
>>
>> Then you haven't been paying full attention.
>
>    For those of us who indeed haven't been paying full attention to
> this particular thread (guilty), a citation or three regarding
> objections to #2 would be greatly helpful.

3. Let me propose what may or may not be a third option:

a) Leave the specs where are.

b) Add a good solid introductory  paragraph at the top of the spec.

c) Link from there to an in-depth "-intro" page

This may just be a variant of #2, but I think it addresses Andy's
objections.  If not, perhaps he would be kind enough to summarize
them again.

Thanks,
-- Ernie P.