[uf-discuss] Hatom question

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 08:11:58 PDT 2007

On 10/09/2007, David Janes <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 9/10/07, David Janes <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> > As Frances mentions, most people just use "updated", but if your
> > underlying CMS knows the difference between the publish date and the
> > updated date and you want to expose this information, you'd be best to
> > use both.
>
> Whoops, Frances said "published". The main thing is _one_ of them is

Aye - it's that slip of the tongue which seems all too common when
discussing posting dates that causes the confusion, in my opinion.
Published and updated tend to be rather interchangeable terms for
authors.

As for the inconsistency - I'm not sure to be honest.  I assume it's
an over-sight on the contributors part.  If no one has any clear
reason why it should say one thing in one place, and another somewhere
else, then I'd advise it to be clarified to match our conversation
here.

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com