[uf-discuss] Re: Hatom question

Edward O'Connor hober0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:30:07 PDT 2007

> There is... reffering back to Michaels original post..

> http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom#Schema says "updated. required
> using datetime-design-pattern."

> whereas http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom#Entry_Updated says "an
> Entry SHOULD have an Entry Updated element"

> The first suggests a must and the second a should.  It's just a bit
> confusing, so any help to iron that out would be fabulous. :)

In Atom, atom:updated is required, and atom:published is optional.

I think that hAtom has the same rule as Atom. The catch is, when updated
is missing but published is supplied, hAtom says that the updated value
is implicitly the same as the published value. So hAtom still has the
"MUST have updated" rule.

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0 at gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.