[uf-discuss] Storing Microformats

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:54:54 PDT 2007

Some microformats are hierarchical (like XOXO[1]), so it would seem to
me that the only ways to represent this in an RDBMS are:

1) Single field containing the original markup

2) Self-referencing table where some elements are "children" of others

I think there could be a way to do the self-referential table concept
to encapsulate all future microformat developments.  However, making
it scale would require some thought.

(Note: I am a relative noob to microformats - those with more
experience may be able to provide better info).

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)