[uf-discuss] Storing Microformats

Philip Tellis philip.tellis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:15:45 PDT 2007

On 18/09/2007, Paul Kinlan <paul.kinlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the other ideas that I am toying with is a Microformat spider,
> that crawls the web looking for microformats, storing them and then
> allowing them to be searched.   My question is: How are people storing
> the data present in microformats so that they can be searched and
> maintained and consumed in applications etc?

You may want to look at either an Object Oriented Database or an XML
Database.  Short of that, you're probably best of just using flat text
files (each file is an object here) and letting your search engine
index them.  You'll quickly run into scale issues wrt number of files
per directory, so take care of that.