[uf-discuss] rel-tag on delicious

Pelle W mejllistor at kodfabrik.se
Sun Sep 23 02:48:53 PDT 2007

Christian Heilmann wrote:
>> Does anybody know why delicious isn't microformatted?  I can only guess, either yahoo is starving the site, or they are against the concept.  It sticks out like a sore thumb in my weblife...on occasion when demonstrating Operator to friends I go to delicious assuming they have some, alwasy forgetting because it seems like a perfect site to host MF's.
>>
> I can ask, but how is a social bookmarking site a perfect example to
> host MFs? Surely the idea is that instead of keeping local copies
> (which you'd do if you export microformats) you keep all of them in a
> central online repository to maintain them.

I would say because practically all data shown on delicious can me
marked up with some sort of microformat.
rel-bookmark would help to separate bookmarked links from the
delicious-interface.
rel-tag would give users of Operator or similar a possibility of easily
viewing the available tags and look some of them up on other sites
supporting tags, Technorati for example.
hCards and perhaps XFN would enable the user to extract userdata,
perhaps for some kind of an addressbook or perhaps for another social
network.
The latter is described in
http://microformats.org/wiki/social-network-portability

/ Pelle