[uf-discuss] Standardized Representation of Microformats in PHP/other languages

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Thu Apr 3 13:12:12 PST 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Derrick Lyndon Pallas <derrick at pallas.us> wrote:
>  The only real way to share microformatted information is to pass it around
> in an HTML container, directly or as a URL. Defining a generic conversion is
> a mistake. Instead, we should focus on semantics and let applications define
> their own internal representations.

I think the point is, services are already providing hCard->JSON
conversion and it would be nice if they were all doing it the same
way.

As I said at the start of this subject, the idea of talking about a
representation in other languages is really a side issue (but there
are already existant hCard->PHP services, for instance).

Basically iff we're going to be talking about JSON representations
maybe it's good if other languages can benefit from it.

-Ciaran McNulty