[uf-discuss] Parsing XFN in PHP

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Thu Apr 10 04:39:14 PDT 2008

Ciaran McNulty <mail at ciaranmcnulty.com> Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:03:16
>On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Julian Bond <julian_bond at voidstar.com> wrote:
>>  - Modifications to reduce dependencies and just possibly work with PHP4
>
>-1 from me, PHP5 is approaching 4 years old and PHP6 is just around
>the corner, and the gains from using PHP5's object syntax are almost
>immeasurable IMO.

Yes, yes and yes. comma but, there's still an awful lot of PHP hosting
out there that is out of date. Hence the efforts in many standards
communities and application dev communities to reduce dependencies and
produce code that will run on PHP4. I now it's horrible. I know it's
easier and better to write to PHP5. But it's also desirable that
Microformats are readable by the widest possible audience.

--
Julian Bond  E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com  M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
Webmaster:          http://www.ecademy.com/      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433