[uf-discuss] Major change to microformat specs without prior discussion or notification

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Thu Feb 7 10:08:17 PST 2008

Thom Shannon wrote:
> perhaps there was prior discussion and agreement that was just a long
> time ago? Have you searched the archives or asked Tantek directly?

Here's the IRC log regarding the change to the wiki:

http://rbach.priv.at/Microformats/IRC/2008-02-07#T010220

I agree with the change - I don't agree with not running it past the
microformats-new list. It seems like a fairly far-reaching
change/update. It invalidates the need for "mfo" in hcard, doesn't it?
If it were applied to the rest of Microformats, it would invalidate the
need for "mfo" entirely.

There are logs - so it would be wrong to say the decision was made in
private, it was done on IRC, without notification to microformats-new.

-- manu