[uf-discuss] Microformats for Write APIs

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Tue Feb 19 12:28:39 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 12:22 PM, gareth rushgrove wrote:

> Their seems to be a little interest in the idea anyhow.

>> Keeping comments from fragmenting is a worthwhile goal.
>
> Is the best approach here to look at web wide general forms that are
> also (or could be) represented by an API or is it best to look
> specifically at comments (for instance) whether an API for commenting
> is present or not?
>
> I'm going to try and collate some examples and the like together when
> I get a chance, starting with the likes of APP, Wordpress, Flickr,
> Blogger and the like. Is the best bet to use the microformats wiki in
> the first instance or to do this elsewhere until any sort of way
> forward is proposed and generally agreed upon?

The wiki is a good place to document research.  Even if we don't end
up heading down a given path, it's still useful to have a record of
why we didn't.  Assuming you've already taken the first step of the
process [1] and added microformats to your own site(s) to get a feel
for how they work, I'd suggest creating a wiki page at comment-form-
examples and documenting which fields are most common among various
comment forms.  And while I hate to tell you to move this discussion
yet again, this is starting to seem more like something that belongs
on the microformats-new list, so I'm cross-posting it there.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/process

Peace,
Scott