[uf-discuss] uf on mobile devices WAS: A further possible solution to the "abbr" accessibility issue

Andrew Jaswa ajaswa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:44:08 PST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 6:25 AM, Michael Smethurst <Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> Are there any mobile browsers/extensions that recognise microformats
> (genuine question pertinent to current work)?

Michael,

I think your best bet on that would be to use X2V (or the likes) or a
JS based approach.  I know on some Trio's you can download converted
hCards as vCards through X2V and then add the vCard to the contacts. I
would suppose as long as your device has the ability to download files
you would be safe in that regard. There are other phones (yes I'm
looking at you, iPhone) that use vCards as a storage method but only
allow you to add contacts by hand or though their own proprietary
method. That being said I do not know of any current mobile
browser/extensions that are aware of uF.

Andrew