[uf-discuss] RDFa Basics video (8 minutes)

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Jan 7 13:30:10 PST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> @class wasn't used because they didn't want to stomp on the
> Microformats
> community's implementation, among other reasons. In certain RDFa
> implementations, bad things happened when you mixed RDFa and
> Microformats on the same page.

Can you maybe elaborate on the "bad things" you mention here?  There
should be nothing about microformats that prevented RDFa from using
the class attribute, as there's no monopoly on the class attribute.
Were those implementations that didn't involve any namespaces nor
profiles?  I don't see how there could be any conflict with namespaces
(since microformats have no namespaces), and a lack of namespaces
seems antithetical to my understanding of RDF.

Peace,
Scott