[uf-discuss] Hcard - marking up sms short codes

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Jan 8 01:48:42 PST 2008

On Tue, January 8, 2008 09:29, Michael Smethurst wrote:

> I'm looking into marking up contact details for tv and radio programmes
>

> Typically they have a telephone number, an email address, possibly a fax
> number and often a sms short code
>
> Is there a preferred way to mark-up the sms short code?

Good point. The nearest at the moment is "type=cell", but since such
numbers usually cannot be dialled for voice calls, that's not really
appropriate.

I've added the issue here:

  <http://microformats.org/wiki/vcard-suggestions#3.3.1_TEL_Type_Definition>

and will raise it with the group being formed to look at revising vCard.

--
Andy Mabbett
** via webmail **