[uf-discuss] Event: SemanticCamp London Feb 16-17

Tom Morris bbtommorris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:23:29 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 2:11 PM, Ben Ward <lists at ben-ward.co.uk> wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2008, at 10:44, Tom Morris wrote:
> > Would love to see some fellow microformateers there!
> > The signup form even lets you import your details from hCard or FOAF,
> > so there's no excuse...!
>
> Oh lovely, although the post-parse form doesn't handle having found
> multiple URLs in an hCard. Perhaps a drop down list to pick one of
> many where multiples are found?

No, it doesn't - it uses modified representative-hcard-parsing rules
to try and pull out the card representing the owner of the linked
resource (similarly, the FOAF import uses foaf:primaryTopic searching
to find the primary profile). If there are multiple hCards on a page,
it should pull the one with the url/uid matching the URL you entered
in the form. It works reasonably well - I tested it with quite a few
hCards - if it doesn't work, then, nothing lost.

I would have implemented a selector, but, frankly, I'm lazy and this
is a test. I spent most of yesterday getting the two importers
working, so I'm not touching them until the signup is finished. :)

See you there!

--
Tom Morris
http://tommorris.org/