[uf-discuss] Re: hCard: url and tel

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 09:25:20 PST 2008

On Mon, January 14, 2008 16:47, Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Jim O'Donnell wrote:
>

>> There's one near the bottom of http://microformats.org/wiki/faq but it
>> only mentions dates and times. Types don't work as abbreviations because
>>  you can't replace the word 'shipments' with 'parcel', or 'US' with
>> 'dom'.
>>

> And it's terrible for internationalisation too!

Indeed.

It's another case where the "data-title-pattern" (or "title-data-pattern",
if you will) would work:

The more I consider that pattern, the more it seems that this is a
workable (indeed, best-possible) solution, if I say so myself.

I invite people to highlight any shortcomings it may have.

--
Andy Mabbett
** via webmail **