Fwd: [uf-discuss] Re: xfn and biographies

Jim O'Donnell jim at eatyourgreens.org.uk
Sat Jan 26 14:40:53 PST 2008

Begin forwarded message:

> If my biography links to a letter, and that link says
> rel="creator", then I think it's reasonable for a parser to infer,
> from the rel="me" link,  that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> Matthew_Flinders also describes the creator of the letter. I don't
> think I need to state that my hCard is definitive, only that it's
> equivalent to the one at wikipedia.

Oops, that was the wrong way around. I meant that if a letter links
to the NMM biography, with rel="creator" on that link, and the NMM
bio then links to wikipedia, with rel="me", then a microformats
spider should be able to infer that the wikipedia page describes the
author of the letter by following the chain of links and looking at
the rel attributes.

Jim

Jim O'Donnell
jim at eatyourgreens.org.uk