[uf-discuss] Dublin Core as a microformat

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 16:03:46 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 17:08 -0500, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Andy Mabbett wrote:
> > Note also that Dublin Core provides a range of pre-existing
> > vocabularies, which might e re-usable (without the dc. prefix) where
> > names are needed for classes in other microformats. For example, the DC
> > type "sound" might be useful at the lowest level of hAudio
>
> Not to mention hAudio could also use DC.title instead of FN... or
> DC.creator/DC.contributor instead of CONTRIBUTOR, or DC.date instead of
> PUBLISHED, and DC.description instead of DESCRIPTION.
>
> I've never been happy with the choice of FN instead of TITLE in hAudio
> (TITLE means "job title" in Microformats). This could offer a good
> compromise if people are interested?

Yes I am, too many fn's in the current haudio proposal, fn in hcard is
fine, fn in an item that's good too but for the main title seems
inaccurate and halfhearted.

maybe this discussion should be moved to microformats-new for further
discussion?, I am in favour of re-using entry-title from hAtom or
something with similar semantics like audio-title. I don't fancy
re-opening the can-of-worms discussion about re-using "title"...
although it may be an interesting discussion.

Thanks

Martin McEvoy