[uf-discuss] class="tag"

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 05:03:20 PDT 2008

On 6/28/08, Fil <fil at rezo.net> wrote:
> > <a class="tag" href="http://example.com/tags/NotThis">TheTag</a>
>
>  We use rel='tag' heavily, even embed it in RSS to convey metadata.
>  Toby's suggestion would help us be compliant with µF in any case, and
>  not only in when the user chooses the "clean URLs" option.

--- if you take a look at the 'category' property, it works how you
are proposing to use 'tag'. Instead of trying to redefine or create
new class properties, we should look at existing ones and reuse those
instead.

There are some rules for using category and rel-tag together, but this
proposal is just about extracting the 'tag' value from the node rather
than the URL. This is what class="category" does, so i would
experiment with that first.

Thanks,
-brian

--