[uf-discuss] Re: hCalendar for events in a table format

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 5 04:12:24 PST 2008

On 3/5/08 2:17 AM, "Brian Suda" <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/3/5, Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>:
>> That would be contrary to Tantek's guidelines on the Wiki:
>>  | If the element is a table data cell <td>, then:
>>  |   1.  parse its "headers" attribute as a space separated set of local IDs
>>  |   2.  find the <td> and <th> elements referenced by those IDs (call them
>>  |       header cells) and consider them part of the element being parsed
>>  |       as follows:
>>  |         1. Treat the header cells as children of the element, ordered by
>>  |            the order of ids in its "headers" attribute, immediately
>>  |            following the last child node (text or element) or the
>>  |            element. (The basic idea is that the content from those
>>  |            header cells is used to construct the VEVENT, but secondary
>>  |            to (AFTER) the content in the data cell itself, so that the
>>  |            data cell can customize/override part of the data in the
>>  |            header, e.g. if the header cell included both start time and
>>  |            location, and the event was being held at a different
>>  |            location).
>>  |         2. Parse the "axis" attribute of a header cell as a comma-
>>  |            separated list of categories. These categories must be used
>>  |            in addition to (and before) any class names on that header
>>  |            cell for determining whether it is a property of the VEVENT.
>

> --- correct, then we should further discuss this on the dev-list and
> correct the wiki as needed.

Given Benjamin's message about the "axis" attribute:

<http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2008-March/011679
.html>

and the fact that we've never needed to use the axis attribute in a
realworld tabular event example, nor has that step been implemented, I've
removed the "Parse the 'axis'..." step.

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-brainstorming#Tabular_event_calendars

Thanks,

Tantek