[uf-discuss] Re: Putting microformats on the BBC iPlayer

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 09:13:30 PST 2008

Toby A Inkster wrote:

> It is fair enough to take time to consider these things carefully before
> issuing an edict (perhaps if that had been done to begin with we would
> have never ended up with a broken datetime design pattern), but while
> the community dithers over deciding upon a replacement, more and more
> instances of this inaccessible pattern are deployed.

An example of the inaccessible datetime pattern can now be seen in the
Microsoft WebSlice whitepaper[1]. The further it spreads, the harder it
will be to fix.

(Also it's worth noting that the first four HTML examples in the paper
contain invalid HTML.)

____
1. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?
ProjectName=ie8whitepapers&ReleaseId=567

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 37 days, 23:28.]

                               Bottled Water
          http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/18/bottled-water/