[uf-discuss] Unjust banning of Andy Mabbett

Derrick Lyndon Pallas derrick at pallas.us
Sat Mar 8 15:05:04 PST 2008

1.) Quantity != Quality. (Maybe Web 2.0 decided otherwise, but I'm old
school.)

2.) No one person is worth more than the cohesiveness of a community in
the case of community development.

3.) Andy != Gandhi. Overthrowing the rule of a foreign power is
unrelated to anything that happens in the microformats community or as
part of the process. Furthermore, it is a mistake to conflate pushing
the limits of the microformats process and its community with pushing
the limits of the purpose of the community or of civility.

4.) In August, Andy will no longer be banned from Wikipedia so at least
he'll have something to do. Q.v. http://tinyurl.com/25y6y8

~D