[uf-discuss] Re: Unjust banning of Andy Mabbett

Ernest Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:54:56 PST 2008

Hi all,

On Mar 8, 2008, at 2:22 PM, Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Manu Sporny wrote:
>> I'd like to see the ban on Andy reduced to a month or lifted
>> completely.
>
> I shall be concise, because Manu has already gone into plenty of
> details, but...
> +1

I don't know about "Unjust"  --- I sympathize with the amount of grief
the Admins have had to go through because of Andy -- but I do feel
that 18 months is a bit severe; especially given that the previous
suspension was (if I remember correctly) only a week.

I think a suspension of 1-3 months -- along with Andy agreeing to a
new code of conduct -- would be more than sufficient.

If after that Andy still refuses to admit than his behavior has been
in any way problematic or difficult, then I can see grounds for
extending the suspension further.

-- Ernie P.