[uf-discuss] Re: Unjust banning of Andy Mabbett

Jesse Rodgers jrrodgers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 05:00:36 PST 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Drew McLellan <lists at allinthehead.com> wrote:
>  iirc (and I'll hunt back through and confirm) Andy's first ban was for
>  7 days. His second ban was for 30 days.

>From 30 days to 18 months seems high but I understand why the action
was taken. Although I haven't crossed paths with Andy (largely because
I lurk) I do think he was prone to bullying with words. As a lurker I
will guess that a barrier to participate for a lot of people are
overly aggressive and pedantic remarks that amount to people sitting
around saying "UR DOIN IT WRONG" instead of teaching.

99% of the time that is not the case with this community but I have a
feeling Andy, with that participation rate, was part of the 1% that
made some people afraid to participate. Do people need to toughen up?
Yes. But I wonder about an individual's motivations that constantly
accuse the 'administrators' of wrong doing and unfair practice yet
continuously come back for more.

Jesse