[uf-discuss] Re: Unjust banning of Andy Mabbett

Christopher St John ckstjohn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 05:10:06 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Drew McLellan <lists at allinthehead.com> wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2008, at 05:24, Christopher St John wrote:
>
>  > Manu is currently one of the most active and productive contributors
>  > (much more active recently than any of the admins) and the lead
>  > editor on a complex and important microformat, yet his points have
>  > gone completely unanswered. Isn't it a little over the top to ignore
>  > what Manu has to say?
>
>  Unanswered, yes. Ignored, no.

Sarcastic answers may be appropriate for individuals (or not) but
they certainly are not appropriate for people acting in an official
capacity on the list.

The admins have stated that it's a lot of work to administer a
large, active and growing community. I think those of us that
have helped out with similar things are not surprised, but fair
enough: it _is_ a lot of work, and as the community grows it
will just be more work. The most helpful and well-meaning people
in the world will still have conflicts that need resolving, and
misunderstandings that need working out.

So how about those among the current admins who are sick
of it step down and we have some elections? To be followed by
an open, documented, public discussion of how the community
wishes to be governed?

-cks

--
Christopher St. John