[uf-discuss] XFN is getting smoked by FOAF

Angus McIntyre angus at pobox.com
Wed Mar 12 11:53:27 PST 2008

Costello, Roger L. wrote:

> A few days ago I was browsing through Twitter and at somebody's web
> page I viewed the page source and found XFN being used.  Unfortunately,
> I didn't bookmark that page.  Since then I have been unable to find any
> pages on Twitter that contains XFN.  Can someone point me to a web page
> on Twitter which contains XFN?

The individual user pages on Twitter contain XFN.

For example:

   http://twitter.com/microformats

The only catch here is that the only relation represented is 'contact',
and the link is to the user's Twitter page rather than an external site.

However, you could do a two-stage parse: follow the link to the user's
Twitter page, and then look for a link with 'rel="me"' to discover their
website (because links to the user's website are also XFN-marked, using
the 'me' relation).

Angus