[uf-discuss] rel=tag problem

Scott Reynen Scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Mar 14 13:58:46 PST 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 9:14 AM, David Meade wrote:

> If those of us who are concerned about this being implemented
> incorrectly are wrong, please let me know and I'll forward that
> education on to the mailing lists that have been discussing this ...
> but if we're correct in our belief that WordPress has implemented
> rel=tag incorrectly ... is there anyway that the microformats group
> could provide them some clarification from the source of the
> specification?

I believe you're wrong.  I'm not aware of any resolution to the
outstanding issue of multi-word tags:

http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-tag-issues#Multi-word_tags

Here's my suggested resolution, with which I'm sure others will
disagree: this is a non-issue because the meaning of tags is
contextually dependent on the tag space, so there's no possibility for
standardization around what tags mean, whether they're single- or
multi-word.

Peace,
Scott