[uf-discuss] Social Networks that use XFN and Social Networks that use FOAF

Costello, Roger L. costello at mitre.org
Tue Mar 18 10:09:38 PST 2008

Hi Folks,

Below is a list of social networks that use XFN (special thanks to
David Janes).  Following that is a list of social networks that use
FOAF.

Also is a sample link to a publicly accessible profile in each network
that exhibits the use of XFN (or FOAF).

To see how XFN is being used, type in the link on your browser, in the
browser menu select View >> Page Source, and then search for: rel=

David, I was not able to find any pages on Vox that use XFN, can you
provide a sample link?

Everyone, if you know of other social networks using XFN please let me
know and I will add it to the list.  Thanks!

SOCIAL NETWORKS THAT USE XFN

1. Flickr      http://www.flickr.com/people/tracylee/

2. Last.fm     http://www.last.fm/user/fbellintani/?scrobbling=t1

3. Ma.gnolia   http://ma.gnolia.com/people/apartness

4. MetaFilter  http://www.metafilter.com/usercontacts/292

5. Pownce      http://pownce.com/ariel/

6. Twitter     http://twitter.com/t

Below is a list of social networks that use FOAF.

To see how FOAF is being used, type in the link on your browser, in the
browser menu select View >> Page Source.

Everyone, if you know of other social networks using FOAF please let me
know and I will add it to the list.  Thanks!

SOCIAL NETWORKS THAT USE FOAF

1. Advogato        http://www.advogato.org/person/connolly/foaf.rdf

2. boards.ie       http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/foaf.php?u=4

3. Buzznet         http://lomac.vox.com/profile/foaf.rdf