[uf-discuss] A (big) problem with XFN: identity of source andtarget not findable

Ryan King ryan at theryanking.com
Thu Mar 20 09:46:26 PST 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 8:27 AM, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> Thanks Ryan! "Representative hCard" -- nice!

I'm glad you like it.

On a meta point, I'd like to suggest that before people post to this
list saying "this is broken" that you first do some research on the
wiki and elsewhere. There's a good chance that if the problem you've
run into is worth tackling, someone else has already at least started
tackling it. Also, when you fail to find any work on a point, please
still don't email the list saying "this is broken", try "I think this
is broken, but that may just be because I couldn't find it on the
wiki". :)

> A PLEA TO INFLUENCE THE SOCIAL NETWORKS
>
> Are there people on this list who can influence:
>  - Flickr,
>  - Last.fm,
>  - Ma.gnolia,
>  - MetaFilter, and
>  - Twitter
> to use a representative hCard to identify the person that the web page
> is talking about?

Once again, we already have space on the wiki for working on this:

  http://microformats.org/wiki/advocacy

Please document any sites which should be targets of advocacy there.
And feel free to do any advocacy of previously documented targets.

-ryan

PS - On another meta note, if you find that you're writing multi-page,
informative emails to this list, you should probably be putting the
information on the wiki instead.