[uf-discuss] Rationale for providing hAtom instead of Atom/RSS feeds

André Luís andr3.pt at gmail.com
Tue May 27 14:30:33 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I've been preparing a presentation (in Portuguese) to help colleagues
from work adopt and embrace microformats fully. So far I'm really
enjoying doing it but I have come upon some doubts about hatom that I
hope some of you can help me with.
Here it goes.

What is the rationale for providing an hAtom feed on a page for
content that is also syndicated via a real Atom or RSS feed?

Can someone provide me with a real use case?

I've looked at the wiki and googled the archives of the mailing
list... I didn't find anything, but if this has been discussed in the
past, I apologize.

Thanks,
André Luís