[uf-discuss] Rationale for providing hAtom instead of Atom/RSSfeeds

Glenn Jones glenn.jones at madgex.com
Wed May 28 13:07:29 PDT 2008

I did some experiments a while back which you may find interesting. It's a XFN parser which can spider pages following rel=next.

http://lab.backnetwork.com/xfnpagination/

One of the more basic issues when using the web as an API is finding a method to interact with data split across multiple pages. We need a way of identifying additional information which is part of the current dataset, but on secondary pages. The rel attribute provides a practical standards based solution, which can be used to mark-up the next page in a series. We can do this with rel=me rel=next.

Personal I think that microformats parser should support Url fragment. So you can mark-up groups of information and provide pagination in context of a page fragment.

http://twitter.com/glennjones/#friends
http://twitter.com/glennjones/#posts

Targeting the second page of posts could look something like

Glenn