[uf-discuss] hResume to Word/PDF conversion API

Glenn Jones glenn.jones at madgex.com
Mon Dec 14 02:57:32 PST 2009

Hi All

I have added a hResume conversion API to the lab.madgex.com site. It
takes the URL of a page containing hResume and returns a Microsoft Word,
Adobe PDF or HTML file.

http://lab.madgex.com/hresume/

The API also supports external hCard, so when parsing Sarven Capadisli
resume http://csarven.ca/cv it correctly selects his hCard at the bottom
of the page outside the hResume element. There is also support for the
Linked-in pattern of marking up experience and education with both
hcalender and hcard.

There are some easy to use code examples for dropping badges into your
hResume pages.

It's been quite hard to define the logic for displaying a hResume in
Word or PDF. I would love to get any feedback where the output does not
match your expectations.

At the moment it allows you to re-order the section and chose type of
terminology. I have built in such a way that I could add a number of
different styles choices at a later date.

Examples:

Steve Ganz - Linked-in profile in Word
http://lab.madgex.com/api/hresumeconversion1_0/?url=http://www.linkedin.
com/in/steveganz&format=word&section-order=name,summary,work,education,s
kills,affiliation,publications,contact-details&terminology=en-us

Sarven Capadisli - Blog CV in PDF
http://lab.madgex.com/api/hresumeconversion1_0/?url=http://csarven.ca/cv
&format=pdf&section-order=name,summary,work,education,skills,affiliation
,publications,contact-details&terminology=en-gb

Hopefully the Stack overflow implementation will be finished soon and I
can try out on their page.

Glenn

If I get time I will create a bookmarklet and maybe even a simple
Firefox extension