[uf-discuss] Mobile browser with support for microformats

Mr. Meitar Moscovitz meitarm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 06:22:57 PST 2009

On 1/16/09, Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander.kmetec at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has there been discussion about a search microformat for
>> functionality
> such as described above before? If so, is someone able (and willing)
> point me in that direction so I can read up?
>>

> No discussion that I would know of. But it certainly looks like we're
> moving towards one. I'll try to put together a basic proposal for
> the search
> microformat over the weekend; but I certainly won't mind if you beat
> me to
> it. :)

Aleksander, I've never participated in the development of a
microformat before so I went to go read up on the process on the
wiki[0]. It directs me to email the -new list, as Brian did as well,
so that's what I've done. (See below.) Would love to hear your
thoughts, as well as others. I'll also throw out that I'm interested
in seeing this through if it gains traction.

On Jan 16, 2009, at 7:06 PM, Brian Suda wrote:

> There was some discussion several years ago about mapping OpenSearch
> to microformats. Then the browser's internal search box could act like
> a search box for the site
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-August/005298.html

Thanks for this pointer! The OpenSearch and microformats effort seems
like it had a much larger scope than what Aleksander has done with
Mosembro, though…I'm thinking "simple problems first."

> If we wish to discuss new formats, we should move that discussion over
> to the -new list
>
> Thanks,
> -brian

No worries. I've done exactly that, so we can continue this
discussion, if anyone is interested in doing so with me, over here:

http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2009-January/002007.html

Cheers,
-Meitar Moscovitz
Personal: http://maymay.net