[uf-discuss] Bioformats - microformats for biology

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Sat Jan 24 02:16:06 PST 2009

Ben Ward wrote:

> This community very intentionally doesn't try create specifications
> for
> everything. Previous pure-science efforts such as species died because
> it fell way outside the area of active interest of most of this
> community's participants.

Not dead, only resting. (Pining for the fjords perhaps.) There are
already two broadly interoperable implementations, but things have
slowed down since as the proposal's main contributor has been banned
from microformats.org. I expect that towards the end of this year
we'll see a lot more work on the species proposal. It is already
being used (on a small scale) in the wild.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>