[uf-discuss] Microformat inside Atom?

Álvaro Ortiz alvaro at furilo.com
Wed Jul 8 00:18:16 PDT 2009

Hello all,

First a quick introduction as this is the first time I write to this
list: my name is Álvaro, I'm currently in Madrid, Spain, and I work
with a small team developing http://www.lacoctelera.com (the main
spanish blogging community, focused on non-technical users) and
another project we are starting which will be made public after the
summer.

This new project is a simple tool to share with your friends reviews
and comments about cultural products (films, books, etc). We are going
ot use hReview for the HTML, but we are also developing an API. We are
exploring the idea of a CulturalGraph: a standard which contains
information about your cultural preferences, which could be consumed
and produced in a federated scheme by different parties.

We want that our API produces and consumes this standard format, and
as we already have hReview we want to use it, so to not create
something new when we already have building blocks we can use.

Our API is going to be Atom, but we have questions regarding how to
include hReview in it; we didn't find anything in the Microformats
wiki, therefore my question:

Would you include the hReview inside an Atom item with its own
namespace? Something like:

 <hreview:hreview>
   <hreview:item>
     <hreview:fn>
       film.title
     </hreview:fn>
   </hreview:item>
   <hreview:rating>
     4
   </hreview:rating>
 </hreview:hreview>

I know this is not a pure Microformats question but we thought maybe
someone else faced this same case in the past.

cheers,
álvaro

ps. our app is in closed beta, if someone wants to help us trying it I
can send you an invite.
--
http://www.furilo.com
http://www.lacoctelera.com